Everything You Need to Know About Obtaining a Food Business Permit in York County, SC

Are you looking to open a food business in York County, SC? If so, you'll need to obtain the necessary permits and licenses to get your business up and running. In this article, we'll provide an overview of the types of permits and licenses required to operate a food business in York County. First and foremost, you'll need to apply for a retail food establishment permit. To do this, download and complete an application permit document (DHEC 176) and email it to your local public health center.

York County does not require a business license, however businesses that are located or operate within municipal boundaries may be subject to an annual licensing fee. To find out if your business is located within a municipality, contact the York County Zoning Division or the local municipality where you live. You can also enter your address into the York County GIS address search to confirm it. It's important to note that for some home-based occupations, a housing occupancy permit may be necessary.

Contact the York County Zoning Division or the local municipality where you live for more information. York County does not require DBA (Doing Business As) information, but some banks or other institutions may require this presentation to open a business account or receive money. Commercial corporations, not-for-profit corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability companies are the only business entities that must apply to the Office of the Secretary of State. In addition to the permits and licenses mentioned above, there are other resources available in York County that allow innovative and productive companies of all sizes to grow and remain sustainable. The Office of the Secretary of State only maintains a record of the legal names of business entities that are organized under the laws of South Carolina or that have authority to transact business in the state of South Carolina. If you have any questions about obtaining a food business permit in York County, SC, contact your local public health center or visit the York County website for more information.